Being surrounded by forests makes me very conscious of the harm we are doing to our planet.
We are losing touch with nature and distracting ourselves with new toys and tools. Anything is better than to start making a change in our own life. A change that will benefit everyone who resides on Earth.
The best way to make a positive contribution today is to make a small change in how you approach the next 24 hours.
As Colleen Patrick-Goudreau says: Don’t do nothing because you can’t do everything. Do something. Anything.
Let me inspire you then, to do the smallest thing possible today.
After all, it takes billions of people working together to lessen the damages climate change will bring upon us, not just one president or a single corporation.
I took responsibility for my footprints, are you ready to take responsibility for yours?
Here are 7 ways you can be of service to Earth today:
- That thing you wanted to buy just because you like it? Don’t do it. Just today practice non-attachment to things and desires you have for them.
- Eat plant-based for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and all the snacks in between. In need of ideas on what to eat? Here are all the recipes you need.
- Have a no-car day today. Walk, ride a bike, or use public transport, but avoid using your big fancy machine for anything. Yes, I said you can use public transport because I don’t live in an illusion that you don’t need a ride to work or school. Since you are sharing one train with other individuals, it means fewer cars with just one human in it on the road.
- Aim to buy the glass version of whatever you wanted to buy in plastic packaging. If there is no glass version, don’t buy it today.
- Take care of wildlife by planting bee-friendly flowers and putting a big bowl of water for birds and squirrels in your garden. If you want even more ideas on how to help your fellow animals, here are 12 of them!
- Go through your belongings and donate everything that you are not using anymore. That way you peel two carrots with one knife. You declutter your home and give things to those who would otherwise have to buy something – and create more demand for things that are not actually needed.
- Learn about climate change and what that means for future generations. Honestly, educating yourself on one of the biggest issues we are facing today as humanity is as helpful as other ideas I presented. My suggestions are Racing Extinction, An Inconvenient Sequel, Cowspiracy and Before The Flood.
We can all start today, that’s why I just want you to be of service to Earth for the next 24 hours.
This will hopefully show you that it’s not hard to be more environmentally-conscious. It takes time to develop some of the new habits but life is constantly changing.
The good thing with environmentalism is that you get to decide when and what to change, not when unexpected circumstances appear out of nowhere.
What will it be?