I hope that you are well and prepared to go vegan this year. Not even kidding, it really is a perfect time to go vegan and save a couple of animals. Today I want to write about 8 irresistible benefits of going vegan, obviously with an intention of getting your attention (that rhymed) and getting a few more humans on my list of people that I converted (how evil, I would absolutely not keep such list).
Being vegan is fine and nice (not perfect, as you read in my last post) and I believe everyone should do it. I mean, why not save a few animals and sleep better at night? It’s obviously much more than that – being vegan is a lifestyle, something that changes everything about who you are, what you do and how you live. Its liberating really, you are finally aware of what goes on behind closed doors.
Without further talking, here are 8 irresistible benefits of going vegan.
- You realize that carbs are good for you and you finally stop depriving yourself of potatoes and rice. Honestly, I am absolutely sick and tired of pop stars talking about how fats are better than carbs.
- You transform into an animal magnet. Seriously, dogs just fly to you and unfortunately – bugs do too. But hey, it means that they sense your compassionate heart and loving nature.
- You are pretty much forced into eating healthy, especially because suddenly only 1 type of cookies sold at your local store are vegan and after a while you get sick of eating them, so naturally, you switch to drinking smoothies five times a day. Read my post about What I Eat to Stay Healthy here.
- You save more money because you don’t shop that much anymore. Once you get hooked on vegetables and fruits, that are cheap (unless you expect to eat avocado and pineapple every day), you are set for life. No more spending money on salami and cheese that only bring cancer and diabetes.
- You find yourself not being bloated during those special days in a month (if you are a woman) and let me tell you – it changes you. Some women even say that their cramps are less painful (so not the case with me) and that is definitely a big bonus.
- You stop contributing to the largest cause of climate change. Read this post about how being vegan is the ultimate road to reducing global warming and species extinction.
- I know this should be number one, but I didn’t want to preach, to those who get easily offended, about animal cruelty right away. Anyway, the most irresistible benefit of being vegan is definitely NOT supporting the slaughter and oppression of animals.
- You are more likely to become an atheist (not sure if that is actually true) and let’s face it – the world without religion is the only way we can live happily ever after. I know the majority of humans live in a dream world (you are probably one of them), where an invisible force guides them through life, but the truth is there is no evidence. What we do have is the evidence about humans having the tendency to see supernatural in completely natural.
How convinced are you right now? Pretty convinced, right? Then stop waiting and educate yourself on how to go vegan and what mistakes to avoid. You can start by reading my post – Important Tips for New Vegans. My whole website is dedicated to new vegans and people who just want to break free from supporting cruel industries.