Since I became a vegan three years ago, I have read a good amount of books so far on the topic of veganism and animal rights. But today I don’t only want to talk about books that I have read and liked, but about best educational vegan books of all times.
Some I have read, some I haven’t yet, but I looked at those who have great reviews and I chose the best books from authors that I trust and am familiar with.
I always talk about the importance of education before making any big changes in our lives, and going vegan is no exception. Suddenly changing our lifestyle is a big commitment and it can sometimes be a shock to our body, so reading what others have gone through and the tips that they can give you, can be an important factor when deciding whether or not this lifestyle is for you.
If you are interested in becoming vegan or you simply want to expand your knowledge, I got your back.
Shall we start? Here are just a few of the best educational vegan books so far:
- The 30-Day Vegan Challenge: The Ultimate Guide to Eating Healthfully and Living Compassionately by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau.
- How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease by Dr Michael Greger.
- The China Study: Revised and Expanded Edition: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, and Long-Term Health by T. Colin Campbell and Thomas M. Campbell.
- The Cheese Trap: How Breaking a Surprising Addiction Will Help You Lose Weight, Gain Energy, and Get Healthy by Dr Neal D. Barnard.
- Proteinaholic: How Our Obsession with Meat Is Killing Us and What We Can Do About It by Dr Garth Davis.
- Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism by Dr Melanie Joy.
- Eat Like You Care: An Examination of the Morality of Eating Animals by Gary L. Francione and Anna Charlton.
- Animal Liberation: The Definitive Classic of the Animal Movement by Peter Singer.
- Mercy For Animals: One Man’s Quest to Inspire Compassion and Improve the Lives of Farm Animals by Nathan Runkle.
- Slaughterhouse: The Shocking Story of Greed, Neglect, and Inhumane Treatment Inside the U.S. Meat Industry by Gail A. Eisnitz.
- Skinny Bitch: A No-Nonsense, Tough-Love Guide for Savvy Girls Who Want To Stop Eating Crap and Start Looking Fabulous by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin.
- The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet by Alicia Silverstone.
- The Forks Over Knives Plan: How to Transition to the Life-Saving, Whole-Food, Plant-Based Diet by Alona Pulde and Matthew Lederman.
There you go. 13 titles that have gained recognition around the globe for being great vegan books and for educating the masses about how to eat and live compassionately.
I am positive that today, we have all the resources to learn about how to transition to a healthier lifestyle and with social media in our lives, we are always just a follow away from being inspired daily to take vegan steps towards a more compassionate way of living.
I would love to hear from you now. Which of these books have you heard of already? Would you add any that I forgot? Leave a comment below and share any book titles that inspired you to go vegan.
p.s. – If you want to know my recommendations on which YouTube vegans you should watch, read this post here.