Being a vegan myself, I have learned about how my lifestyle is good for the environment pretty early. The feeling of knowing that I am not supporting the destruction of our planet is truly incredible. I have been very passionate about becoming an environmentalist and becoming more eco-friendly since becoming a plant eater, so today I will share with you 10 ways to fight climate change. You can start with just one and slowly continue to be able to live according to all of them. I am still not completely environment-friendly, but every day I am taking the necessary steps in the right direction. My intention is to one day live a completely eco-friendly lifestyle.
- Watch Cowspiracy and educate yourself on the importance of veganism when fighting climate change. It is the first step to being environment-friendly; just change your diet to a plant-based. I wrote about it here.
- Ditch plastic altogether or start with one less plastic bag a day. Soon you will learn other ways of carrying food and plastic will be long gone from your home. I know its probably the hardest thing to do, using less plastic, but its one of the most important ones.
- What car do you drive? A Tesla? A hybrid? Make sure your car is environment-friendly. If you cannot afford to change your vehicle at the moment, at least start going places with a bike or by walking.
- Grab a recycling bag and go outside to pick up the trash that you see every day at your local park.
- If it’s yellow, you don’t have to flush the toilet all the time. I know it sounds gross, but sometimes you need to forget about the color of your pee to save the planet.
- Grab a copy of Cowspiracy and lend it to your friends, so they can see how their diet affects the lives of billions of people on this planet. Here is another post that I wrote about Cowspiracy.
- Start using DIY or natural washing powder, detergents, and cleaners.
- Recycle paper, plastic, bottles, food, clothes… Just recycle!
- Donate paper that you don’t need anymore and save a tree or two.
- Plant a tree.
Those are just a few ideas that you can use to fight climate change and help us with making this planet green and beautiful again. It starts with you and you are able to inspire someone else. That makes two people, and imagine what can happen when every person that you inspired to take action inspires someone else! The world becomes a better place and our mother Earth is saved. Climate change cannot be stopped anymore, but it can be slowed down or reduced.
Make sure to let me know in the comment section what steps you are already taking to help our planet while climate change is still going strong. Oh, and stay in touch with me on social media, you can find me on Twitter.