Being a vegan myself, I have learned about how my lifestyle is good for the environment pretty early. The feeling of knowing that I am not supporting the destruction of our planet is truly incredible.
Of course, there are many other things that I could be doing better, like going zero-waste, but as far as I know, I am doing better than the majority of humans on this planet so I think progress matters, no matter how small it is.
I have been very passionate about becoming an environmentalist and becoming more eco-friendly since becoming a plant eater, so today I will share with you 10 ways to fight climate change.
You can start with just one and slowly continue to be able to live according to all of them.
I am still not completely environment-friendly, but every day I am taking the necessary steps in the right direction. My intention is to one day live a completely eco-friendly lifestyle.
- Watch Cowspiracy and educate yourself on the importance of veganism when fighting climate change. It is the first step to being environment-friendly; just change your diet to a plant-based. I wrote about it here.
- Ditch plastic altogether or start with one less plastic bag a day. Soon you will learn about other ways of carrying food and plastic will be long gone from your home. I know its probably the hardest thing to do, using less plastic, but its one of the most important ones.
- What car do you drive? A Tesla? Make sure your car is environment-friendly. If you cannot afford to change your vehicle at the moment, at least start going places with a bike or by walking. Since I already mentioned Tesla, did you know the leather they use is vegan? They are not only saving the planet but also the animals.
- Grab a recycling bag and go outside to pick up the trash that you see every day at your local park.
- If it’s yellow, you don’t have to flush the toilet all the time. I know it sounds gross, but sometimes you need to forget about the color of your pee to save the planet. Especially, if you drink a lot of water and the pee is healthy. So drink a lot of water, which also happens to be good for your overall health; you are now not only saving the planet but you are also being healthy.
- Grab a copy of Cowspiracy and lend it to your friends, so they can see how their diet affects the lives of billions of people on this planet. Here is another post that I wrote about Cowspiracy.
- Start using DIY or natural washing powder, detergents, and cleaners. So far I have only been using a DIY toothpaste but I intend on making my own detergent soon.
- Recycle paper, plastic, bottles, food, clothes… Just recycle! I know that recycling doesn’t save much of the planet since a lot of things do not get recycled, but at least make sure you recycle glass and paper – they are, in my opinion, the best materials to recycle.
- Donate paper that you don’t need anymore and save a tree or two. Or stop using it that much.
- Plant a tree.
Those are just a few ideas that you can use to fight climate change and help us with making this planet green and beautiful again.
It starts with you and you are able to inspire someone else. That makes two people, and imagine what can happen when every person that you inspired to take action inspires someone else! The world becomes a better place and our mother Earth is saved. Climate change cannot be stopped anymore, but it can be slowed down or and the effects it will have can be reduced.
Make sure to let me know in the comment section what steps you are already taking to help our planet while climate change is still going strong.
Oh, and stay in touch with me on social media, you can find me on Twitter.
p.s. – If you want to learn about some of the best vegan books of all time, read this post here.