Out of all the social media sites, YouTube has got to be my favourite for the simple reason that personality actually matters when it comes to creating content. No matter how pretty you are if you can’t keep me watching a 5-minute video then you suck.
I already shared with you my favourite ASMR channels before, if you are interested in a bit of weird relaxing techniques, but here I want to tell you about educational YouTube channels where you can learn stuff.
Just think about how easy we have it today when it comes to educating ourselves on the topics that interest us. We can watch a simple YouTube video and learn a new language, how to make fire, or how to perform CPR on a dog.
Without further ado, here are my favourite educational YouTube channels:
- Colleen Patrick-Goudreau has a beautiful channel where she shares latest podcasts, Q&A videos, short tips and vegan recipes. Colleen is an author, speaker, podcast host and an animal rights activist.
- Elon Musk Viral Videos posts what the name says – new videos of Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX. Although I follow him and his companies on all social media I sometimes miss a video or two because, contrary to belief, I don’t spend every minute of the day eagerly searching for news related to him.
- James Aspey and his girlfriend Carly sometimes share videos from what happens to the animals on their way to the slaughterhouse (and inside of them), but mostly it’s just tips for how to be a vegan activist and how to stay positive.
- Kris Carr is a wonderful human being that not only passionately talks about self-care and healthy eating but is also a beam of light for everyone who wants to be more mindful in their day to day life. Although she is a part of the New Age movement, I find her to be more realistic about life and our place in it.
- Mic The Vegan shares videos about science and what it tells us about how to eat. I love all the links to the studies and his honesty when it comes to looking at the best diet for human beings. Not to mention he is also very funny and entertaining.
- NutritionFactsOrg is the only non-commercial, non-profit, science-based website that provides information about the latest news when it comes to nutrition (and healthy living).
- Sam Harris shares the latest episodes of his amazing podcast Waking Up. I already wrote about his podcast about a million times on my website but the conversations revolve around topics such as free speech, free will, politics, consciousness, and religion.
- SciShow Space posts videos about the latest news when it comes to space as well as videos where the hosts explain things like how life began on Earth and how the surface of Venus looks like.
- Sophie Uliano shares tips on how to live a healthy, eco-friendly, vegan lifestyle and how to be green and gorgeous at the same time (because it’s possible).
There you have it; nine educational YouTube channels where I get my knowledge from on topics that interest me.
I constantly go through the channels I am subscribed to, to make sure that I am still interested in them. There is nothing worse than seeing 20 new videos on your feed every day and feeling disorganized that you end up watching none of them.
As with all social media, I am only following those whose content I appreciate and believe in. Life is too short to be spent on people that don’t bring value to your life.
And hey, if you find that I bring value to you, you can check me out on Instagram and follow me there.