I wrote a bunch of posts where I share vegan tips with you, but I want to focus on this year and what I believe we must do in 2018, to create healthy and beautiful vegan lifestyles. I’ve decided to share with you a few essential vegan tips and help you get your bum moving in the direction of healthy veganism.
If you want to go vegan for the animals, you are right where you need to be because my whole focus is to help those who want to change their lives for the animals – and the environment, but animals always first.
Before I dive in, let me ask you something – would you like to see an eBook with 365 vegan tips? You know, one tip for every day of the year? I just got the idea a month ago, but have decided to put it aside as I am currently finishing my new eBook. Anyway, if you would like to see all the awesome and sweet essential vegan tips on one spot, let me know in the comment section.
Here are essential vegan tips for 2018:
- Make your health a priority. When you feel better, you are able to do better. If your heart is healthy and your mind is not causing you too much trouble, then you are able to do much greater things for others. Eat healthy plant-based foods, meditate a few days a week, and move your body every other day.
- Start eating healthier meals, so that you will have enough energy and stamina to fight for animal rights. Instead of eating too much highly processed vegan foods, such as meats and cheeses, eat more soups, rice and different types of pasta. Here are a few meals that I love.
- If you are just starting out, try going vegetarian for a week, if that is easier for you, and then go fully plant-based. I think it gets easier when you slowly remove animal products from your diet. But, if you insist on going vegan overnight, read my post about how to go fully vegan in 24 hours here.
- If you receive ignorant comments due to being vegan, ignore them and turn away. Seriously, do not give them the attention they crave.
- Every day spend at least 10 minutes learning about veganism and animal rights. Trust me, basic knowledge is necessary. When you know more, you can give more and, therefore, inspire more people with what you know.
- If you are an animal parent, make sure to upgrade your parenting skills and pamper the heck out of the animals you share your life with. They deserve it. Cook for them, hug them tightly, play with them, bring them treats… do your best to be the best parent you can be.
- Support vegan brands and help them grow. Recommend their products to your friends and have monthly dinners where you spread the awareness for awesome vegan food brands. You never know when someone will have a light-bulb moment and switch to eating plants because that vegan sausage was so damn good. You just never know. My non-vegan friend loves Alpro and Veganz, as does my non-vegan sister.
- Give meditation a try and clear your mind. There is so much going on in our heads, so get focused on your breathing for at least 10 minutes a day. The results will be spectacular. I recommend reading Waking Up by Sam Harris.
- Instead of responding to negative comments out of frustration and fear, answer them from a place of love and compassion. Trust that your loving response will trigger their positivity and help them see the nonsense they are spreading.
- Start cooking more delicious vegan meals and inviting more people over. Good food can make anyone fall in love with you. And what you believe in. So cook good vegan food and spread the message of compassion towards all beings through yummy plates of food.
- Find your activist voice and start standing up for animal rights in a way that inspires you and makes you feel confident and valuable. Use your talents for good. Write songs, write books, create videos, paint, draw, cook, bake, do something. If you are an introvert, here are a few ideas for you.
- Trust that people are good at heart and are not trying to deliberately harm animals. Have faith in your voice and in the voices of other amazing animal rights activists. To learn how to become an animal rights activist, read this post.
- Every day ask yourself what you can do today, to help one animal. It always starts with one. How can you help the world today? It doesn’t have to be a big thing.
As January ends, I want to remind you that we are making a difference for the animals. It may not seem like the world is changing, but it is. Every tweet you send out, every Instagram photo that you post, every time you buy a plant-based milk, you are making a difference.
And remember that even when you need some time to take care of yourself, there are thousands of people out there, fighting for the animals and helping you make a difference. (Thank you to James Aspey who reminded me of that.)
You are more powerful than you think. You are making a huge difference in the lives of animals; do not let anyone tell you otherwise. These essential vegan tips are just another step to creating a better lifestyle that will inspire the masses.
To keep up with what I do and to get even more essential vegan tips through social media follow me on Instagram.