As you know, I feel very protective of Mother Nature and her children.
I could talk about her all day long, and then some more. The way she works and manages to parent us is incredible to my small human mind and I wish I could be as strong as she is.
Sadly, the majority of humans don’t feel the same way about her. They are eager to abuse her and turn her into something she is not meant to be.
They think that they can outsmart her, that they can play her game and win, but they forget that she just needs to turn up the heating a bit and create a few hurricanes and tornadoes, and they are quickly put on their spot again.
We can’t win against her but we can help Mother Earth thrive and take care of us.
That’s why today I don’t want to tell you how to change drastically and become someone you don’t want to be. Not at all. Today I want to share with you 7 small things you can do to help Mother Earth in a way that will serve her and won’t take anything away from you.
Here are a few ideas:
- When you see trash on the street, pick it up and throw it in the trash can. Some people are trash themselves and cannot care for anything else but themselves. Be different.
- Buy half of your clothes in thrift stores (read my 5 reasons why here).
- Eat fewer animal products (read the reasons why here). Animal agriculture is one of the main causes of climate change and switching to a plant-based diet can help our environment tremendously.
- Go digital and use less paper (I suggest Trello and Evernote).
- Invest 10€ and buy a few reusable cotton bags that you can carry with you to the store (read why I love them here). They are pretty, durable and so much more comfortable than plastic ones.
- Buy a bamboo toothbrush because they don’t pollute the environment. I got mine in DM for 2€ and it lasts for as long as a regular one does.
- Invest in a good glass water bottle that you can carry with you everywhere.
These are very easy to do and won’t take anything away from you.
I know changes are scary, but so is the future of our planet. If we don’t do something and change how we live, we will all go extinct. It’s not something you wish to happen, so why resist the necessary changes?
The best thing about this is that there are plenty of people who are cheering for you and are providing resources to help you out. We all know you are capable of creating small changes in your life because that’s what we are doing as well.
You too can help Mother Earth and it starts with taking one small step. Just pick one thing from the list I wrote for you and do it this week. Next week pick a different one and so on. If you do that you will completely change your lifestyle for better in the next 2 months.