Can you believe it’s December already? I can so I won’t pretend I am shocked like everyone else is.
We have done so much for our fellow animals this past year and I couldn’t be happier that I am a part of this movement that demands animal liberation.
Today I want to share with you 5 things you can do as a vegan activist during this holiday season to further inspire people when it comes to who they eat and wear. It’s almost 2020, people, the time to change is now.
I tried to keep these ideas simple and doable as I know you will probably be a bit busy and overwhelmed with all the family gatherings and strudel baking.
Are you ready to spread some vegan love this month? Here are some things you can do as a vegan activist to make animal liberation happen faster.
- Bake vegan goodies and treat your friends and family with them. I am obsessed with baking apple-blueberry strudel and brownies with coconut flour and bananas. It’s so good to see everyone enjoy what I baked, knowing that I am not on a grass diet as a vegan.
- Buy animal-friendly gifts – think faux fur, bamboo leather and vegan make-up. If you are buying for women, make sure you check out my review of this Langhaar Madchen conditioner or this foundation by Catrice.
- Leave vegan cookbooks around your home when you have visitors. Trust me, they will notice and check them out when you are not looking (especially if they look as pretty as these here).
- If you are religious and you pray before eating, make sure you include how grateful you are that we have an abundance of plants to eat. You know, talk about compassion and kindness to everyone – especially if you have a plant-based feast and they can see how delicious plants are.
- Be kind to all animals, they really need our help during wintertime. Provide fresh water and food for stray cats and dogs, and remember to feed the birds and have water available for them too.
What do you think, lovely?
These don’t sound scary, huh? I told you I know how busy this holiday season will be and that nothing feels better than incorporating a bit of activism in your day-to-day life. After all, when we help non-human animals, all animals thrive – humans included.
I have a feeling you will rock this month ahead of us, and I am doing the same thing on the other side of the world – or near you, I don’t know where you live.