Today I will talk about unhealthy vegans and how to avoid getting sick.
If there is one thing that I really dislike about vegans – more than anything else – is when they promote the idea that eating plants heals everything.
You would not believe how many times I heard big YouTubers say that going vegan and eating plant based will cure everything that is wrong in your body.
Look, a plant based diet IS the healthiest for us; it is the most natural for us. But there is a big bag of shit behind that healthy diet that can ruin the whole thing for you. It’s called your lifestyle.
- What are your beliefs? Are they good for you? Are they holding you back? Do they support the kind of life you want to be living?
- With whom are you in a relationship with? Not only romantically speaking but in general. How are your relationships? Are you happy? Are you unhappy? Do people around you help you grow?
- How is your career? Are you doing what you love? Are you fulfilled with what you do? Do you get to be creative?
- Where do you live? Are you close to nature or are you miles away from the trees? Do you breathe clean air? Are you safe?
There is much more to health than just what you put in your mouth and swallow.
I watched What the Health and I have re-read The China Study about a million times by now. I own a bunch of books on plant based nutrition. I trust that what they talk about is right; I know it is. I have seen the studies that were made. Not just some studies but the ones that really prove the truth.
But no matter how much you are trying to tell people that they will be much healthier if they eat plant based, you will not be able to guarantee them anything.
Because you can get people to eat plants but you cannot get people to change how they think. It’s much easier to control – and I use that word in the most positive way I can – what people eat than to control how people think.
And both are equally important.
Stress kills people.
Holding on to the past and hate can literally kill you.
Food is important, WHAT you eat is important, but please make sure that you talk about HOW to think about as well.
Don’t tell people what to think but teach them how to think. (Don’t quote me because I stole that from someone who said that about the kids.)
I know that someone will correct me about what I just wrote. We truly are not the thinkers of our thoughts, but I think it’s important to try to do our best and focus on the good thoughts.
Here are my 10 tips for a healthier body that could help you with not becoming one of the unhealthy vegans:
- Please, do not be afraid of carbs. Carbs are good and you need them to function. Rice is your friend. Pasta is your friend. Bread is your friend (avoid white bread though). Potato is your friend.
- Processed sugar is bad. It’s the devil.
- So is oil.
- Obviously, all things that come from/out of animals are bad.
- Spend time in nature.
- Spend time with yourself.
- Don’t drink alcohol. You will die.
- Don’t smoke. You will die as well.
- Don’t do any other types of drugs. You will die even more.
- Only choose the best for yourself. Everywhere. Never settle for too little because you are afraid that you cannot get more.
It’s really not that hard.
But even then you need to remember you are not guaranteed health.
See, I believe we can control 99% of our health. But sometimes that 1% can fuck the whole thing and you get sick.
That doesn’t mean that you don’t do things that are good for you. That would be crazy.
You just know that in case you do get sick, you did everything you could and that sometimes we just can’t have everything that we want.
Things happen. Unhealthy vegans are sometimes just victims of bad luck.
We can do the 99% and know that if that 1% rebels, we are controlling the majority, so we better be good at handling that 99%.
So, yes, unhealthy vegans do exist but that is not the reason why you should not become a plant based eater.
If you want to start moving and living a more healthier life, let me tell you about two amazing women that inspired me to start doing yoga and to not only eat healthy, but to move my body in a healthy way too.
Michelle Muench (or BananaBlondie108) was the person that got me into yoga, because simply put, I want to fuckin look like her. Her body is amazing! Absolute girl crush. The second person that I love is Juliana of Boho Beautiful. She shares new yoga videos every week and guides you through challenging poses. Not only is she super compassionate and inspiring, but she also has great meditation videos that literally make me feel like I am in space.
What do you think about this topic? Let me know in the comments.
If you want to know which health books about eating plants I love, you can read my post here.
p.s. – I know, I know, you don’t have health, you ARE health. But to be understood by the majority of humans who will read this, let’s keep it that way, shall we?