So, as I am writing this, I am a bit annoyed as I already wrote a post on this topic but it apparently got deleted somehow.
Anyway, I want to share with you 7 ways on how you can inspire your kids to go vegan and educate them on the importance of loving all beings.
Children can be assholes, sure, some of them are just born with this tendency to kill bugs and talk about how much they love chicken while eating one of their wings.
It all comes down to parents teaching them better and letting them know that they are on their way to becoming a shitty person. I fully support parents telling their kids that they are on their way towards self-destruction.
It’s the best thing a parent can do for their kids. Protect them from becoming a shitty human being.
In the world that we live in today, kids are the first target when it comes to brainwashing them into eating a certain way, dressing a certain way, being a certain way. Kids are innocent and therefore naive.
Parents can do so much yet they are afraid of being too harsh and they choose love over education.
Look, it’s okay to love your children, I would hope you do, but be a teacher when you need to be.
I would never let my children eat killed animals just because I love them and I want them to decide for themselves.
It’s the most horrible thing a human can do.
If you know that eating dead animals is unhealthy and will probably kill your child by the time they are 50, why wouldn’t you say anything?
So, if you have finally decided to update your knowledge on how to be a better parent – and let’s not go through the whole you’re not a parent Tanja so don’t tell me how to be one, because just because you have kids doesn’t mean you are a great parent – here are 7 ways on how to educate your kids about being compassionate and vegan.
Teach them how to become vegan kids that care about others.
- Watch vegan movies with them. Okja is a great example of a beautiful yet powerful movie that shows the cruel side of eating meat. Yes, it is kid friendly and will not show anything graphic that would give them nightmares. It’s not a completely vegan movie but the main message is pretty clear. You can also watch Babe and Legally Blonde 2, which talks about animal testing.
- Take them to a farm sanctuary and let them connect to the animals that were rescued. If they never see pigs in person, and if they never touch a cow, how on Earth can they feel love for them and care enough to stop eating them? Sometimes people just need to touch an animal to connect the dots.
- Buy vegan-friendly books for them. Ruby Roth is an incredible children’s book writer and has written beautiful vegan books. They are easy to read and perfect for a child of any age really. I already have one that I am saving for my niece when she is a bit older.
- Veganize your kid’s favourite foods. Vegan hot dogs? Got it. Vegan pancakes? Got it. You can make pretty much anything vegan these days. As long as you feed them and give them dessert, they will be happy.
- Buy vegan foods for them. You know, like soy yoghurt and vegan candy. There are plenty of those, so trust me that you will find something your kid will like.
- Sit them down and have a talk. It’s important to let your kids know that what they’re doing is not good and that you wish you could teach them about it earlier – in case you just went vegan because otherwise why wouldn’t you raise your kids vegan as well, that’s stupid – but that you know better now and you want to let them know that you will be eating vegan at home because you love the animals and eating plants is healthier.
- Show them mild graphic videos. Yes, I know you are super shocked and would never show to your kid anything that could give them nightmares. Well, baby, your kid will live but the cows he is eating won’t. So choose wisely and find a graphic video that shows just enough. If you want more vegan kids in the world, you need to teach them about the bad side of eating animals.
I believe that we can grow healthy and successful vegan kids as soon as we decide to teach them what is right and what is wrong. Kids are our future so we need to make sure that they learn what compassion for all animals is.
Anyway, if you are interested in learning more about which vegan movies and documentaries I love, read this post. There are even some that your vegan kids would totally love.
To keep up with my blog and get even more tips and tricks on how to live a healthy vegan lifestyle, find me on Instagram.