In this day and age, we cannot afford to not become more eco-friendly.
It is our duty to protect our home and make it as green and blue as possible. We owe it to Mother Earth and to everyone who resides on her with us.
That is exactly why I want to share with you some ways to become more eco-friendly in your day-to-day life. A few steps you can take to be environmentally conscious.
Think of it this way: If we take care of our planet, we take care of ourselves and those we love the most. Climate change does not discriminate and we will all be affected by it, sooner or later.
This is also a form of self-care as you are taking care of your future.
So here are 5 steps to become more eco-friendly:
- Use reusable straws and water bottles for your favourite beverages. Single-use plastic is polluting our waters and the best way to fight that is to stop feeding the beast.
- Use public transport (buses and trains) instead of your personal car. Riding a bike is an even better idea!
- Eat plant-based and stop contributing to the main cause of climate change, animal agriculture.
- Shop second-hand and stop supporting fast fashion. Read here to learn how to make thrifting more enjoyable.
- Start investing in long-term solutions, like an electric vehicle or solar panels. As I said, this is a long-term goal but you have to start saving money today.
Just pick one and begin the journey. Pick anything, really, but please start.
Earth is calling and we need to pick up the phone. Urgently. Now.
So I encourage you to become more eco-friendly and show through your actions that you care. Show that you are here to join a community of people who want to make this world a better place.
You got this.
If you feel called to support my work, please consider buying me a cup of cappuccino. It helps me greatly.