Summer is here in full force and it’s time we take a look at some ways to help our fellow animals.
It is especially crucial that we all act upon these tips as the heat is already taking lives, and with climate change, it will only get worse. I don’t want to be an alarmist, but the truth is the truth.
You too would want someone to reach out and offer a helping hand if you were systemically abused and/or abandoned on the street. Everybody wants to be loved and taken care of.
We all say we love other animals but rarely do we actually show it with how we act towards them. Too often we abuse them, abandon them, exploit them, enslave them, and kill them.
As a vegan, it is my duty to protect the innocent. To speak up when I see wrongdoing. To use my voice when everyone else is ignoring theirs.
So how do you help animals this summer? How do you make this world a better place through your generous acts of kindness?
- Offer fresh water to non-human animals who live in the wild or have no home.
- Do not mow your lawn so bugs and insects have a place to reside in.
- Invest in a couple of birdfeeders (or DIY) and make sure you fill them up with seeds.
- Create an insect hotel that will be home to all kinds of tiny beings.
- Walk shelter dogs/cats and play with them, when you have some free time.
- Adopt an animal, but only if you are able to and ready for it.
You can do so much if you just open your heart.
Earth can become a paradise for everyone, but it won’t happen by chance. It will only happen by choice that we can make when we look around and see the potential.
Choose two or three things from the list above that you will do in the next seven days. Commit to doing it alone or with someone who loves non-human animals as much as you do.
You got this.
If you feel called, please consider supporting my work by buying me a cup of cappuccino. It helps me greatly.