I never believed it was possible to be a happy vegan. For me, the thought of happiness while non-human animals suffer was a myth.
How can anyone be joyful in such a cruel world? How was this possible?
It turns out, you just need a bit of mindfulness. A little bit of love and compassion for your fellow human. And a whole lot of patience.
When you have that, being a happy vegan comes naturally. That is what I want to share with you today. How to create a lifestyle that fulfils you and brings you all the good, positive emotions.
It will take time and work but in the end, it will be worth it because you will finally enjoy being vegan. Instead of anger and resentment, you will hold in your heart peace and understanding.
Here are my best tips on how to be a happy vegan:
- Unfollow and unsubscribe from people and brands that don’t bring you joy. Social media should make you feel good, not anxious or upset.
- Practice living in the moment and embracing what is here and now. I use a meditation app called Waking Up that helps me be more mindful in my day-to-day life.
- Become an active animal rights activist, if you are not already. When you focus on doing good, you have very little time to think about all the negative events happening in the world.
- Find a supportive community of people who are joyful and peaceful. The more you surround yourself with positive people, the less you will hear about how you should be angry all the time.
- Take care of your health – mental and physical. Have a psychiatrist or a therapist if needed, and go to regular checkups… basically, make sure you are feeling healthy and are putting yourself first.
Whoa, now our lives can finally change for the better.
I promise that when you let go of anger, you will be much more effective as an vegan. Not just that, but you will be happier in general because these tips are for all areas in your life, not just veganism.
That does not mean I never get angry or upset about the state of the world. Of course, I do, but I also get back to a better mindset more quickly.
When I am a happy vegan, I am more effective because I act more and suffer less. This can be your reality as well.
Just decide. It’s that easy.
If you feel called, please consider supporting my work by buying me a cup of cappuccino. It helps me greatly.