2023 is here and I know for a fact you are ready to finally go vegan this year.
My job is to lead you on this journey and that’s why I will be sharing with you my best seven tips. 7 tips that will help you create a beautiful vegan lifestyle that you’ll adore.
My journey began in 2014 when I saw a photograph of a cow hanging upside down with her throat slit. It changed something inside of my heart. Suddenly, I was wide open and ready to transform my life completely.
I don’t know what that moment looked like for you; what changed you and made you consider veganism. Whatever it was, hold on to it.
Here are 7 tips for going vegan in 2023:
- Take the time you need and go at your own pace. That way you will slowly transition without shocking your body and mind with all the changes.
- Surround yourself with vegans, even if only on social media or on occasional vegan events. You can even follow me on Instagram or Pinterest if you need a friend.
- Ask for help when you need it and don’t be afraid to be vulnerable. Everyone needs a mentor, someone to guide them through hardship and obstacles.
- Start reducing what is the easiest and continue with what you’re most afraid of giving up. For me, it started with meat and the last thing I ditched was dairy. Your journey might be different and that is okay.
- Take learning seriously and educate yourself on the topic of veganism and animal rights. May I suggest you read The Joyful Vegan by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau to begin?
- Start a mindfulness practice to stay calm during the storms and focused on the present moment. Meditation is a great tool to use when you are changing your habits. I use the Waking Up meditation app.
- Do not judge yourself if you mess it up and fail at one point or another. Every vegan has made mistakes and we all learnt from them.
I hope these tips help you this year. Going vegan is supposed to be fun and adventurous, not difficult and resentful.
Some may disagree with me but in my opinion, the transition must be calm and mindful to avoid shocking your body and mind.
These 7 things, if followed, will make sure that your plant-based journey goes smoothly. No pressure or hardcore discipline; rather, love and compassion and kind guidance.
You got this.
If you feel called to support my work, please consider buying me a cup of cappuccino. It helps me greatly.