I love being an activist for non-human animals. They are my most precious heroes who inspire me every single day to see the beauty that still exists in this world.
This is why today we will look at 23 ways to speak up for animals in 2023.
On one hand, it seems to me that we are making so much progress towards animal liberation. On the other hand, though, I never cease to see how we are failing our fellow individuals. I suppose I am a Centrist, through and through, even when it comes to animal rights.
If you are ready, here are 23 ways to speak up for animals in 2023:
- Adopt an animal.
- Take a shelter animal for a walk.
- Go vegan.
- Sign petitions.
- Create a blog.
- Post recipes on social media.
- Attend protests.
- Attend vigils.
- Mentor a younger vegan.
- Put a bowl with food outside for stray dogs and cats.
- Put a bowl with water outside for stray dogs and cats.
- Volunteer at a sanctuary.
- Donate money to shelters.
- Hang bird feeders from trees.
- Plant bee-friendly plants.
- Support vegan authors and their work.
- Watch a vegan documentary, like Dominion or Earthlings.
- Be kind to insects, arachnids and bugs.
- Get your friends and family to go vegan.
- Attend animal-friendly events.
- Create an insect hotel.
- Write emails to stores to ask them to increase their offer of plant-based products.
- Write your own list of how to speak up for animals and share it with everyone.
Pick one. Just choose one and go with it.
I encourage you to start with the easiest one and then slowly move towards that which is the most difficult in your eyes.
Because I know you and I know how much love you have in your heart. I also know you hate to see other animals in pain, enslaved, tortured and killed. So you have to speak up for them. For your own soul.
You got this.